All of our physiotherapists understand that babies, children and adolescents each have their own individual personality and potential. We understand that they deserve the best service and support to nurture and support their development and health.
We don’t treat children simply like small adults, but work to deliver appropriate care that is children centre and takes growth and development into account. We have knowledge and expertise in:
- Child development
- Childhood conditions that could impact on development and well being
- The need to place the child at the centre of all planning and make them part of the decision process
- Any impact that having a disabled or sick child has on the whole family
Depending on your child’s condition and needs, treatment be targeted towards:
- Movement and range of motion
- Functional activities
- Strength and endurance
- Balance and coordination
- Activity modification
- Gross or fine motor skills
What’s my role as a parent?
As a parent, you play an important role in ensuring the best treatment of your child’s condition. Together we will discuss and determine goals, whilst reviewing outcome measures, and tracking progress of your child’s condition.